Careers at AME Solutions
Are you looking for a career in IT?
We are always looking to welcome new people to our team, people who are looking for a friendly company who are dedicated to providing high quality IT Support and Solutions.
We care about our culture and are committed to providing a stable and positive working environment for our team. We pride ourselves in ensuring that our staff are happy in what they do and we invest time and money in training our staff to ensure that they are equipped to achieve the best they can for themselves.
We have a new exciting job opportunity opened up, we are looking for a personable, responsible and skilled individual to join our technical team as a junior ICT technician due to our continued growth and organic expansion.
You will be responsible for remote and onsite support at our customer premises, as well as installations of new networks, systems, servers and VoIP telephone systems.
Find Out more details below.
Junior IT Technician
As a junior position, we are looking for someone who is just starting off a career in IT with 1-2 years experience gained in a full time position or through an apprenticeship scheme.
Job description and responsibilities:
- Install, configure and support all company supported Operating Systems, software & hardware and network infrastructure.
- Attend client sites to perform various aspects of computer services and support.
- Always seen to be helpful when dealing with clients, and display professionalism and patience when offering advice and support.
- Provide telephone, remote and onsite technical support.
- To treat every customers setup as if it were your own and provide them with the best possible support we can offer, putting the customer first in every instance.
- Installing new software (applications, VMware, Microsoft server platforms).
- Installing new hardware (servers, printers, computer workstations, networks etc).
- Providing general administration of customers systems.
- Diagnosing and resolving network faults.
- Provide limited training for customer on new equipment.
- Planning future improvements for customers sites and set ups.
- Produce detailed and comprehensive job sheet recording in time management software.
- network documentation of any installations undertaken.
- Comply with Company Procedures.
- Comply with Company Health & safety regulations.
- Produce/update detailed network documentation of any installations undertaken.
The following is preferred, but not essential:
- Experience of Windows Server 2008/12, Exchange 2007/10/13, including Windows SBS.
- Experience of Windows Operating systems XP through to 10.
- Hardware installation, configuration and support.
- LAN/WAN installation and configuration.
- TCP/IP and other protocol configuration.
- Internet and security technologies.
- Systems and database management.
- Proven IT support / systems administration skills.
Qualifications & Skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong organisational skills with a methodical approach.
- Must be able to take initiative and sole problems on your own (when appropriate).
- Good all-round IT literacy.
- Time management and the ability to complete work in a timely manner.
- You must have at least 5 GSCE’s (C and above) – Maths and English is a must.
- Approachable and friendly.
- Tidy and presentable.
- Takes ownership and responsibility for self and others.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively prioritise customer requirements.
- Good communicator.
- Methodical approach required with a clear audit trail.
- Team player.
A valid UK driving licence and be willing to use own vehicle.
Salary and benefits:
Based on 37.5 hours per week – Monday to Friday 8:30am to 5:00pm.
£TBA – basic salary depending on experience plus:
- Use of corporate membership to leisure and gym at Exeter Golf and Country Club.
- Staff share scheme.
- Team events and regular trips.
- Training and Microsoft exams.
- Overtime and call out fee.
- Company laptop.
Job type: Full-time.
- ICT: 1 year.
How to Apply
Still not convinced?
We can help you!
Fill out the form below and one of our IT specialists will contact you.