Microsoft Word Advanced
Exeter – Devon or onsite at your premise.
By the end of this course you will be able to create and manage data lists for merging purposes, use the referencing tools to add navigation and add additional information to documentation, create macros to eliminate repetitiveness and design forms with added intelligence, using the provided manual if required.
This course is designed for students who have completed the Word Intermediate or have equivalent knowledge. It is not suitable as an introduction for people who have little or no experience with this software.
SUBJECT AREAS (PLEASE NOTE, SUBJECT AREAS COVERED WILL DEPEND ON DELEGATES ABILITY AND TIME AVAILABLE)
FIELD CODES & FILL-IN FORMS
- Inserting a field code
- Updating fields
- Editing and deleting fields
- Locking or unlocking fields
- Displaying field codes
- Converting fields to text
- What are fill-in forms?
- Creating and editing a form
- Editing and formatting fill-in form fields
- Deleting fields within a fill-in form
- Protecting a fill-in form
LINKING AND EMBEDDING
- Linking and embedding objects
- Embedding an Excel chart
- Formatting an embedded worksheet within a document
- Editing an embedded object
- Linking an Excel chart to a Word document.
- Using the ‘Insert Chart’ command
- Creating a Table of Contents
- Updating and modifying an existing Table of Contents
- Adding a bookmark
- Deleting a bookmark
- Going to a bookmark
- Creating or editing an index
- Creating Footnotes
- Formatting Footnotes
- Deleting Footnotes
- Creating Endnotes
- Formatting Endnotes
- Deleting Endnotes
- Adding or updating a caption to an image, table or worksheet
COLLABORATIVE EDITING AND SECURITY
- To password protect documents
- Inserting comments
- Checking documents for sensitive ‘hidden’ information
- Tracking changes within a document
- Creating a Master Document
- Inserting a table of contents into a master document
- Editing subdocuments
- Removing subdocuments
CONDITIONAL MAIL MERGING
- Using conditional mail merging
- What are macros?
- Recording a macro
- Assigning a macro to a button
WEB PAGES AND HYPERLINKS
- Microsoft Word and the Internet
- Save a document as a Web page
- Previewing a Web formatted page
- Saving a Web page from the Internet
- Saving documents from a Web page
- Creating Internet Hyperlinks
- Editing Internet Hyperlinks
- Removing a hyperlink
- Using Themes
Courseware and manual, certificate of achievement, refreshments and lunch are all included in this course.
If there is a Microsoft course that is not listed on our site, that you are interested in attending then please let us know and we can arrange one to one training onsite with our Trainer.
Still not convinced?
We can help you!
Fill out the form below and one of our IT specialists will contact you.
Force Cancer Charity
C G Fry & Son Ltd
J. Wippell & Co Ltd
Devon & Cornwall Police
Exeter Golf & Country Club
South West Water
Dart Marina Hotel & Spa
The Cavanna Group
Saunton Golf club
St. Pauls Dental Practice Ltd
Local Government Organisation