MANAGING SUCCESSFUL PROGRAMMES FOUNDATION
- Basic project management experience
- It is advised that delegates be currently working in a programme management role, or have some experience with programme management
- Eight to ten hours of pre-course reading
- Two to four hours of study per evening during the course is strongly recommended
This course should be purchased in conjunction with the 2-day MSP Practitioner course as part of the 5-day MSP Certification program.
ABOUT THE COURSE
MSP programme management brings related projects together to manage their interdependencies. MSP provides those responsible for managing programmes with a structure to help them deliver the business benefits. This course is a mixture of input and practical sessions and is facilitated by an APM Group (APMG) approved trainer with practical experience in programme and project management.
Built around the APMG syllabus, this course is formally accredited by APMG.
The goal of this 3-day course is to provide participants with a broad understanding of the Managing Successful Programmes (MSP) philosophy, and to prepare them to take and pass the Foundation exam on the third day. This course is delivered using the latest MSP manual and syllabus.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
- Delegates who have recently been given a programme role
- Programme support staff
- Specialists contributing to a programme
- Senior executives directing a programme
- Identifying the MSP principles, governance themes, and processes (known as the Transformational Flow) for use when managing a programme
- Discussing the benefits of using a structured and consistent approach to programme management
- Prepare for and pass the Foundation exam
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
You’ll learn how to:
- Identify and utilize MSP principles, governance themes, and processes (known as the Transformational Flow) for use when managing a programme
- Define the benefits of using a structured and consistent approach to programme management
- Prepare and practise for the Foundation exam
SUBJECT AREAS (PLEASE NOTE, SUBJECT AREAS COVERED WILL DEPEND ON DELEGATES ABILITY AND TIME AVAILABLE)
- Course structure
- Course goals and objectives
Programme Management Principles
- Leadership and Stakeholder Engagement
- Benefits Realisation Management
- Blueprint Design and Delivery
- Programme Planning and Control
- The Business Case
- Risk Management and Issue Resolution
- Quality Management
- Identifying a Programme
- Defining a Programme
- Managing the Tranches
- Delivering the Capability
- Realising the Benefits
- Closing a Programme
- Programme Office
MSP Foundation Exam Preparation
- Review of and Practice with APMG sample questions and test papers
MSP Foundation Exam
Summary and Next Steps
ABOUT THE MSP FOUNDATION EXAM
- 60-minute closed-book exam
- 75 multiple-choice style questions
- 35 correct answers or more are required to pass
MSP® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited. The Swirl logo™ is a trade mark of AXELOS Limited. The MSP Accredited Training Organization logo is a trade mark of AXELOS Limited.
If there is a Managing Successful Programs course that is not listed on our site, that you are interested in attending then please let us know and we can arrange one to one training onsite with our Trainer.
Still not convinced?
We can help you!
Fill out the form below and one of our IT specialists will contact you.