SharePoint Application Development
Exeter – Devon or onsite at your premise.
This course provides existing .NET developers with practical information and labs that enables them to build solutions on the Microsoft SharePoint 2010 platform.
After completing this M10175 training course, students will be able to:
- Describe the SharePoint development platform and the benefits and features that it offers to developers
- Use development tools that are integrated with the SharePoint development platform, such as Visual Studio and SharePoint Designer
- Develop Web Parts for SharePoint solutions
- Develop code that uses the server-side objects provided by the SharePoint development platform
- Develop event receivers and manipulate application settings for SharePoint solutions
- Develop solutions that access external data by using Business Connectivity Services
- Develop workflows as part of SharePoint solutions
- Develop code that uses the client-side objects provided by the SharePoint development platform
- Develop server ribbon controls and client dialogs for the new user interface platform of SharePoint
- Develop Microsoft Silverlight applications that are integrated with SharePoint data and solutions
- Develop sandboxed solutions for SharePoint
- Develop code that uses the taxonomic and user profile services of the SharePoint development platform
- Develop code that uses the content management services of the SharePoint development platform
This course is intended for professional developers who use Microsoft SharePoint in a team-based, medium-sized to large development environment. Members of the audience are experienced users of Microsoft Visual Studio. The audience understands how to use the new features of SharePoint and Visual Studio.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- An understanding of the problem-solving techniques that apply to software development
- Approximately 12 months experience with ASP.NET 3.5 with Visual Studio 2008 (or later)
- Approximately 1 month development experience with SharePoint 2007 or SharePoint 2010 and VS2010 (includes beta releases) creating code that interacts with the SharePoint Server-side APIs
- Experience performing end user tasks with SharePoint 2007 or SharePoint 2010 and an understanding of the purpose and use of the following: Lists; Documents and Libraries; Personalising an SP page/site; Using MySites; Using SharePoint Designer
If there is a SharePoint training course that is not listed on our site, that you are interested in attending then please let us know and we can arrange one to one training onsite with our Trainer.
Still not convinced?
We can help you!
Fill out the form below and one of our IT specialists will contact you.