CREATING WEB PAGES WITH CSS
Exeter – Devon or onsite at your premise.
This course covers CSS (Cascading Stylesheets) in detail, from text presentation and formatting, through to strategies and techniques for creating CSS-based page layouts without relying on tables. We discuss issues such as browser compatibility, and demonstrate how to create compliant and valid pages combined with sophisticated structure and design. Delegates will leave the course with an understanding of how CSS really works, and the ability to write their own stylesheets from scratch.
We use PCs and a text editor.
SUBJECT AREAS (PLEASE NOTE, SUBJECT AREAS COVERED WILL DEPEND ON DELEGATES ABILITY AND TIME AVAILABLE)
- Why CSS?
- Browser compatibility issues and how to deal with them
- Validating pages via the W3C
- Inline vs. Internal/External CSS.
- ID vs. CLASS
- Selector – Attribute – Vaule
- Formatting text – fonts, colour, sizes etc.
- Controlling Background images
- Creating – Margins, padding and borders
- Group & Nesting CSS
- Formatting Tables
- CSS layouts without tables
- DIV and span
Positioning and Floating
- Creating single and multi-column layouts
- Using Absolute positioning
Links and menus
- Applying Hyperlink styles
- Using box-shadow
- Using border-radius
- Using text-shadow
- Creating gradients
Courseware and manual, certificate of achievement, refreshments and lunch are all included in this course.
If there is a CSS course that is not listed on our site, that you are interested in attending then please let us know and we can arrange one to one training onsite with our Trainer.
You can see a full list of our training courses here.
Still not convinced?
We can help you!
Fill out the form below and one of our IT specialists will contact you.