Computer Memory – RAM
What is RAM or memory?
The RAM or Memory in your computer is used to perform the majority of the computers operations. It is the component in your computer that allows for short term data access.
The speed and amount of memory you have plays a crucial role in your systems performance.
How do you know if you require a computer memory upgrade?
Similar to how certain events call for a memory upgrade, your computer’s everyday performance will make any memory deficiencies apparent. Here are a few easy-to-recognise signs that your computer may be in need of a memory upgrade.
- You try to boot your computer and it takes a long time to load.
- You experience poor performance in everyday tasks. Programs either don’t respond or take longer than usual to load.
- You try to multitask and toggle between multiple programs, and your system slows to a crawl.
- You receive notifications that say “low memory” or “out of memory.”
- You experience display problems. When you try to access a webpage, it either partially loads — if it loads at all. You occasionally see a blank space where data is supposed to be.
- You try to load a program and your system freezes.
- In some cases, your computer refuses to operate at all. When you try to open a file or program, your system doesn’t respond.
- You try to perform everyday tasks and your computer just isn’t running quite the way it used to.
If you are experiencing any of these issues then we would recommend purchasing a memory upgrade for your computer.
Upgrading your computers memory
Upgrading the memory in your computer or laptop is a very cost effective way to improve your computers performance. It is a fraction of the cost of a new computer and can bring benefits such as faster loading application times. increased responsiveness, increased multi-tasking ability.
There are thousands of memory upgrades available but there will only be a few that are compatible with your system. Finding the right memory for your system can be both daunting and confusing and frustrating if it doesn’t work. There are so many different memory types ranging in speed, density and part numbers and more.
You will need to consider how many memory banks there are available in your machine, if you have two slots you will need to purchase the memory modules that are suitable for this number of slots.
you will need to ensure you purchase the right size of memory for your machine, laptop memory is a different size to that in a standard PC.
Computer memory is rated to match that of your machine – therefore you need to purchase the memory with the optimum speed for your machine.
How can we help?
Our team are experts in the IT industry and can provide advice and source the right memory upgrade for both your machine and your needs. We can source over 250,000 different upgrades for more than 50,000 systems, both new and old.
Our engineers will carry out an audit on your PC to determine where improvements could be made to you machine to help with the performance of your machine. We always endeavour to ensure that you get the most out of your IT investment, however sometimes upgrades are not cost effective therefore we can also discuss your options of replacing the machine.
In addition to this our consultants can provide advice on other upgrades to your computers such as SSD’s or graphics cards, to help improve the performance.
The Next Step…
If you computer is not performing as it should, please contact us on 01392 824 022 to arrange a PC audit and our team of experts will be able to advise on the best upgrade solutions for you.
Still not convinced?
We can help you!
Fill out the form below and one of our IT specialists will contact you.