We are always looking to welcome new people to our team, people who are looking for a friendly company who are dedicated to providing high quality IT Support and Solutions.
We care about our culture and are committed to providing a stable and positive working environment for our team. We pride ourselves in ensuring that our staff are happy in what they do and we invest time and money in training our staff to ensure that they are equipped to achieve the best they can for themselves.
ICT SYSTEMS ENGINEER
We are looking for a personable, responsible and skilled individual to join our technical team as an ICT Support Engineer, due to our continued growth and organic expansion.
You will be responsible for remote and onsite support at our customer premises, as well as installations of new networks, systems, servers and VOIP telephone systems.
The ideal candidate will be someone who has worked in IT for several years and has at least 2 years’ experience, who is now looking to progress further.
LOCATION: 2nd Floor Wear House, Topsham Road, Exeter, Devon, EX2 7AE – in the grounds of Exeter Golf and Country Club.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- As directed by the Technical Director and Technical Support Manager
- Install, Configure and Support all company supported Operating Systems and Hardware.
- Attend client sites to perform various aspects of computer services.
- Always seen to be helpful when dealing with clients, and display professionalism and patience when offering advice and support
- Provide telephone, remote and on-site technical support.
- To treat every customer’s setup as if it were your own and provide them with the best possible support we can offer, putting the customer first in every instance.
- Installing new software (Applications, VMWare, Microsoft Server platforms).
- Installing new hardware (servers, printers, computer workstations, networks etc).
- Providing general administration of customers systems
- Overseeing security of all customer’s systems.
- Diagnosing and resolving network faults.
- Provide limited training for customers on new equipment.
- Planning future improvements for customer’s sites and setups.
- Provide detailed and comprehensive job sheet recording in time management software.
- Comply with Company Procedures.
- Comply with company Health & safety regulations.
- Produce/Update detailed network documentation of any installations undertaken.
ICT Systems Engineer PROFILE:
- Experience of Windows Server 2008/12/16, Exchange 2007/10/13/16, including Windows SBS and Office 365.
- Experience of Windows Operating Systems XP through to 10.
- Hardware installation, configuration and support.
- LAN/WAN installation and configuration.
- TCP/IP and other protocol configuration.
- Internet and security technologies.
- Systems and database management.
- Proven IT Support / Systems Administration skills.
Qualification and skills:
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong organisational skills with a methodical approach.
- Must be able to take initiative and solve problems on your own (when appropriate).
- Good all-round IT literacy.
- Time management and the ability to complete work in a timely manner.
- You must have at least 5 GSCE’s (C and above) – Maths and English is a must
- Approachable and friendly.
- Tidy and Presentable.
- Takes ownership and responsibility for self and others.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively prioritise customer requirements.
- Good communicator.
- Methodical approach required with a clear audit trail.
- Team player.
A valid UK driving licence and be willing to use your own vehicle.
Job Type: Full-time