Technology and the Environment
We all know how important the continuing health of our environment is and many of us are making small changes at home to help reduce our individual negative impact on our vulnerable planet. However, what you may not have considered is how your business is affecting the environment through the use of technology, and what your responsibilities are. The ‘green’ approach is not only beneficial for the environment but has financial advantages for your business.
We are focused on reducing the impact of our business operations on the environment. The world’s resources must go hand in hand with business and we aim to not only work on our own business and its environmental policy, but also to educate and assist our customers, to improve theirs. Although we do not claim to be anywhere near to being perfect in our use of resources (physical or other), we are committed to minimising the impact of our operations on the environment and endeavour to:
- Through the use of electronic communications. Unless requested we email all quotes and invoices; reducing paper waste.
- Where printing a document is required, we print in draft format, using as little ink waste as possible.
- Reuse paper where possible as packaging or binding redundant paper to use as office notebook.
- Hardware that is no longer usable will be cleared of all information and passed on to be refurbished or used as spare parts.
- All staff utilise the recycling schemes implemented by our local council.
- Wherever possible we try to purchase goods and services locally, to help local economy and to reduce carbon miles.
- A select few members of staff work from home, either permanently or one day a week to reduce emissions.
- We use energy efficient company vehicles.
- Raise awareness to both employees and customers regarding environmental issues.
- We educate our staff in developing and implementing working practices which are good for the environment.
- Educate our customers on their responsibilities and obligations regarding their IT systems. Suggesting where possible to make changes to their current IT systems that may help benefit the environment i.e. virtualisation solutions.
The Next Step…
Still not convinced?
We can help you!
Fill out the form below and one of our IT specialists will contact you.