APMG Cyber Awareness Certification
Exam Format – Multiple choice format 20 questions per paper
11 marks or more required to pass (out of 20 available) – 55%
Exeter – Devon, Bristol, Gloucester or onsite at your premise.
The UK’s prosperity depends on the internet. In an increasingly inter-connected world, the success of companies and government depends on the ability to operate effectively and safely online. The internet (and the wider networks that are connected to it) is an invisible – but crucial – aspect of everyday life. Alongside the opportunities there are risks. Some use the internet to cause harm – from stealing banking details or valuable intellectual property from UK companies.
The government has classed cyber attacks as one of the four most significant risks to national security. According to the BIS 2014 Information Security Breaches Survey, 81% of large organizations have experienced a security breach of some sort – costing each organisation between £600,000 and £1.5 million.
Cyber insecurity poses a real risk for companies’ reputations, bottom lines and share prices. Successful attacks can disrupt business operations and production cycles, cause products to fail and result in customers losing confidence in you as a supplier.
The rise in cybercrime is also noticeable for small businesses; they’re now experiencing incident levels previously only seen in larger organisations.
Information and the technologies that are used to store and process it are vital to the success of your business. Intellectual property, confidential or sensitive data provide a competitive advantage, one in which other less scrupulous organisations would be very keen to get hold off. At the same time, the need to access and share information more widely, using a broad range of connecting technologies is increasing the risk to the corporate information base.
A single successful attack could destroy a company’s financial standing or reputation. Information compromise can lead to material financial loss through loss of productivity, of intellectual property, reputational damage, recovery costs, investigative time, regulatory and legal costs.
23% of companies haven’t briefed their board on security risks in the last year (and 13% have never done so). 31% of the worst security breaches are a result of human error which can cost up to £1,150,000 to recover from. Only 54% of small businesses provide ongoing security training for their staff. BIS 2014 Information Security Survey.
The training within this AMPG certified course provides you with a broad awareness of the current issues around cyber security:
- UK cyber legislative frameworks
- Cyber governance and policy
- What should be included in company cyber security policy and procedures
- Cyber security auditing
- Activities that can mitigate risk
Who is it for?
The certification is relevant to all sectors and personnel with an interest in protecting information and gaining a better understanding of the cyber threat in the work place; training for all staff is vital to protect business from security breaches as the threat continues to grow.
Though cyber security is a ‘Board Level responsibility’, the target audience includes personnel across organisations from the C-Suite, through the middle management teams to the staff so that a robust cyber security culture is engendered throughout the business.
No prior training or knowledge is required for those attending this course.
Benefits for Individuals
Gain an understanding of what good cyber security practice looks like.
- Understood the effects that a cyber breach could have on the business
- An awareness of the terminology surrounding some of the threats that exist
- The opportunity to take an look at the business from a cyber risk perspective
- A series of housekeeping techniques to implement through their teams to mitigate risk
- An understanding of where cyber security fits into their company policies
- Experience of real-life case studies of cyber breaches and how to avoid them
Benefits to Organisations.
- Our training has been assessed under the CESG Cyber Training scheme against the relevant areas of the IISP Skills Framework, which also underpins the CESG Certified Professional Scheme.
- The course is accredited by APMG.
- Cyber security skills are essential to any organisation committed to addressing the increasing risk from cyber attack
- Educating employees will reduce the chances of your business becoming a victim of today’s cyber security threats.
- Security reports and surveys continue to show the human element is a major contributor in successful cyber attacks
At AME Solutions we take Cyber Security very seriously and we always encourage businesses to make sure they have a security policy in place. In addition to this, there are a range of security solutions that help to reduce the risk of a business being affected by Cyber attacks.
If you feel this is an area that your business could improve on, please contact our security specialists today. We can discuss how your business deals with these threats currently, identify any weaknesses and then discuss how you can improve on this to ensure that your business is protected against these threats keeping your risk to a minimum.
Courseware and manual, certificate of achievement, refreshments and lunch are all included in this course
If there is a Cyber Security course that is not listed on our site, that you are interested in attending then please let us know and we can arrange one to one training onsite with our Trainer.
You can see a full list of our training courses here.
Still not convinced?
We can help you!
Fill out the form below and one of our IT specialists will contact you.