GDPR AWARENESS TRAINING
Exeter – Devon, Bristol, Gloucester or onsite at your premise.
The EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) came into effective in May 2018 with the aim of giving control of personal data back to citizens of the European Union.
Whilst many see it as another compliance matter, growth in the digital economy and changing public expectations present an opportunity to build a data privacy culture within organisations.
An organisation’s workforce represents a significant risk of a data breach. Encouraging individuals to think about GDPR in the context of their own data will help them to support data protection and privacy practices in their organization.
The GDPR Making Data Privacy Matter course aims to promote an individual’s engagement in data privacy matters. It focuses on the key aspects of GDPR that affect an organisation and the associated risks and opportunities. There is a strong emphasis on interactive sessions to engage participants in taking personal responsibility for making a difference.
The course recognises that understanding and interpretation of the regulation will continue to evolve, and organisations will be at different stages of their compliance journey. Real-life examples are used extensively, as well as latest guidance from the UK Information Commissioners Office.
The course will help candidates to:
- Understand the reasons for the new regulation and its scope of application
- Identify associated risks and opportunities
- Understand the key principles and conditions that determine the lawful basis for data processing and protection
- Identify next steps for achieving compliance
- Develop a data privacy mind-set
The implications of non-compliance are severe: an organisation can be fined up to 4% of annual global turnover or €20 million (whichever is higher) for breaching GDPR.
Who is it for?
The course and certification are designed for any individuals from small, medium or large UK organisations who wish to make data privacy matter. In particular, for organisations who want to:
- Promote better use of personal data in compliance with GDPR
- Launch their own data privacy awareness campaigns
- Gain a basic understanding of the GDPR before planning their own compliance programmes
The course has been designed to address all UK audiences and prepare them for their next steps.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND THIS GDPR COURSE?
This course is recommended for anybody who wishes to gain an understanding of GDPR. This could include but is not limited to:
- Information security professionals
- Compliance officers
- Risk Managers
- Privacy managers
- IT security professionals
- Senior staff
- Managers and Directors.
What are the key things you will learn?
After completion of this course, candidates should be able to:
- Explain the reasons for the new regulation and the scope of its application
- Identify the key participants in processing of personal data and discuss their responsibilities
- Discuss the key principles and conditions that determine the lawful basis for processing
- Outline the key regulatory aspects impacting organisations and the risks and opportunities arising
- Identify the next steps for achieving compliance and building a privacy awareness culture.
- Multiple-choice format
- 20 questions per paper
- 10 marks or more are required to pass (out of 20 available) – 50%
- 20 minute duration
- Closed book
If there is a GDPR course that is not listed on our site, that you are interested in attending then please let us know and we can arrange one to one training onsite with our Trainer.
You can see a full list of our training courses here.
Still not convinced?
We can help you!
Fill out the form below and one of our IT specialists will contact you.