GDPR Training Course, Exeter
The GDPR regulations have been in play for over a year now and we are just starting to see the first big fines being handed out. However, many businesses are still not sure how it will affect their business and what they should be doing.
If you are looking to find out more about GDPR and how this will impact your business our one-day GDPR awareness training course is a great introduction, providing businesses with the opportunity to gain an understanding of the laws and how the regulation works so you can work towards compliance.
The course will help candidates to:
- Understand the reasons for the new regulation and its scope of application
- Identify associated risks and opportunities
- Understand the key principles and conditions that determine the lawful basis for data processing and protection
- Identify next steps for achieving compliance
- Develop a data privacy mind-set
Who is it for?
The course and certification are designed for any individuals from small, medium or large UK organisations who wish to make data privacy matter. In particular, for organisations who want to:
- Promote better use of personal data in compliance with GDPR
- Launch their own data privacy awareness campaigns
- Gain a basic understanding of the GDPR before planning their own compliance programmes
The course has been designed to address all UK audiences and prepare them for their next steps.
What are the key things you will learn?
After completion of this course, candidates should be able to:
- Explain the reasons for the new regulation and the scope of its application
- Identify the key participants in processing of personal data and discuss their responsibilities
- Discuss the key principles and conditions that determine the lawful basis for processing
- Outline the key regulatory aspects impacting organisations and the risks and opportunities arising
- Identify the next steps for achieving compliance and building a privacy awareness culture.
Why choose us as your training provider?
Delivered by an experienced data protection consultant, our training sessions are built on the foundations of extensive practical experience gained advising on compliance with data privacy laws and related information security standards.
EU GDPR Training course locations
We have training facilities in Exeter, Bristol, Gloucester, London and further afield around the UK.
In addition to our GDPR Training we also offer the following GDPR services:
GDPR is all about the information you hold about EU citizens and protecting it, therefore to start this process there are some essentials steps required. Firstly, you will need to understand where your data is stored and how is it protected. Our engineers can help assist with this fact-finding process by completing a GDPR IT and Infrastructure Audit that will assess where your data is held, how it is currently protect and also provide advice on how to further protect this data.
As we have mentioned protecting your data is key to ensuring that your business is GDPR compliant. Businesses need to put the right technology in place to protect this personal data. Our team can help provide you with advice on the best solutions available in order to ensure that your data is protected. We can supply, install and support crucial tools including Firewalls, Endpoint protection, Encryption, Ransomware protection, Mobile device protection and more.
If there is a GDPR course that is not listed on our site, that you are interested in attending then please let us know and we can arrange one to one training onsite with our Trainer.