Microsoft Access Advanced
Exeter – Devon, Bristol, Gloucester or onsite at your premise.
Delegates should have attended the Introduction to Windows course or be proficient in the use of a personal computer using the Windows operating system.
Delegates will learn advanced database concepts including how to use forms, reports & query advanced features and how to exchange data. This course is designed to give you a further understanding of the features and functions available in Access to a level of competence sufficient for participants to produce more sophisticated database application; to be able to create a variety of data views, queries and reports including cross-tabs; and to automate their application through the use of menus, macros and buttons.
SUBJECT AREAS (Please note, subject areas covered will depend on delegates ability and time available)
- Linking a form to a table
- Placing controls on the form
- Aligning controls on a form
- Sizing to fit controls on a form
- Special effects
- Setting tab order
- Placing a bound control on the form
- Placing a check box on the form
- Placing a command button on the form
- Placing a group box on the form
- Placing a combo box on the form
- Placing a list box on the form
TYPES OF FORMS
- Popup forms
- Modal forms
- Split forms
LIMITING USER ACCESS
- Limiting users from adding new records
- Limiting users from deleting existing records
- Limiting users from editing a records
EXPORTING FORM TO XML
- Exporting to XML
- Creating a report
- Creating an AutoFormat template
- Applying an AutoFormat to a report using the Report
- Applying an AutoFormat to an existing report
- Conditional formatting
- Formatting reports
- What is a switchboard?
- Creating a Switchboard
- Adding a switchboard
- Deleting a switchboard
- Adding items to a Switchboard
- Editing a Switchboard
- Deleting items within a Switchboard
- Editing items within a Switchboard
- Making a Switchboard the default Switchboard
- Displaying Switchboards automatically when opening
- Access customisation options
- Current Database options
- Datasheet options
- Object Designers options
- Proofing options
- Customize options
- Add-ins options
If there is a Microsoft course that is not listed on our site, that you are interested in attending then please let us know and we can arrange one to one training onsite with our Trainer.
You can see a full list of our training courses here.
Still not convinced?
We can help you!
Fill out the form below and one of our IT specialists will contact you.