Getting smarter with word
Exeter – Devon, Bristol, Gloucester or onsite at your premise.
On this one-day course, delegates will be given an insight into the range of essential and useful tools in Word which will assist them to significantly boost productivity, consistency of work and understanding of this flexible word processing tool.
- Screen parts and terminology
- Customising Word to make it do what YOU want
- Setting up Quick Access Toolbar to perform tasks quickly
- Quick methods of making selections
- Copying without Cut and Paste
- Using keyboard shortcuts
- Using Quick Parts for quickly inserting information into documents
- Setting up Autocorrect efficiently
- Switching to different views to edit content
- Working with the Navigation Pane to quickly navigate through content
- Showing character marks
- Understanding how Word formats
- The Format Painter –the tool you can’t live without
- Removing formatting
- Ensuring Bullets/Numbering keeps consistent
Styles – Essential for Long Documents
- Using Styles to keep formatting consistent
- Easily create and update Tables of Contents
Headers and Footers
- Ensuring information appears on the correct pages
- Setting up Section Breaks for different headers/footers and page layouts
- Inserting and formatting pictures/charts/shapes and SmartArt
- Copying from other applications using Screenshot and the Snipping tool
Courseware and manual, certificate of achievement, refreshments and lunch are all included in this course.
“Very clear. Covered a lot of different aspects of work which can be applied and will help in day to day activities, with good facilities.”
PPP Taking Care
“absolute excellent trainer, the course was paced right. Caroline is a gem.”
PPP Taking Care
If there is another course that is not listed on our site, that you are interested in attending then please let us know and we can arrange one to one training onsite with our Trainer.
You can see a full list of our training courses here.
Still not convinced?
We can help you!
Fill out the form below and one of our IT specialists will contact you.