Microsoft Word Intermediate
Exeter – Devon, Bristol, Gloucester or onsite at your premise.
For onsite courses we can provide the rental of laptops with the software pre-installed.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Recent users of Word who want to gain a good understanding of the software in a short space of time.
Familiarity with basic features of Word is required, gained either by previous experience or by attendance on the “Word Introduction” course.
(PLEASE NOTE, SUBJECT AREAS COVERED WILL DEPEND ON DELEGATES ABILITY AND TIME AVAILABLE)
CUSTOMISING MICROSOFT WORD
- Microsoft Word templates
- Saving documents to a specific location
- Saving document using different formats
- Using the Zoom
- Page views
- Controlling the display of items within Microsoft Word
- Screen display options
- Modifying Word options
- Setting automatic hyphenation
- Hyphenation options
- Inserting special characters and symbols
- AutoCorrect options
- AutoFormat as you type
- Animated text effects
- Text wrapping options
- Text orientation formatting options
- Paragraph shading options
- Paragraph border options
- Reversing the colour of a paragraph
- Widow paragraphs and orphan paragraphs
- Applying styles
- Modifying styles
- Creating styles
- Using Outline View with header styles
- Viewing a document in Outline View
- Creating a document in Outline view
- Creating a new template based on an existing
- document or template
- Customising Normal.dotm
- Recreating a default Normal.dotm file
- Creating sections within a document
- Viewing and deleting section breaks within a
- Creating multiple column layouts
- Additional column formatting options, width andspacing
- Applying and deleting column breaks
- Creating a table
- Sorting data within a table
- Formulas and tables
- Merging and splitting cells within a table
- Merging cells
- Splitting cells
- Inserting Shapes
- Reordering graphics
- Placing a graphic in front or behind text
- Modifying image colours and borders
- Grouping or ungrouping shapes
- Inserting a watermark
- Inserting a Text Box
- Resizing, moving and deleting a Text Box
- Inserting text or a graphic into a Text Box
- Formatting Text Boxes
- Linking Text Boxes
- Starting the Mail Merge Wizard
- Using the Mail Merge Wizard
- Creating a mailing list to be used within a mail merge
- Merging a mailing list to produce labels
Courseware and manual, certificate of achievement, refreshments and lunch are all included in this course.
If there is a Microsoft course that is not listed on our site, that you are interested in attending then please let us know and we can arrange one to one training onsite with our Trainer.
You can see a full list of our training courses here.
Still not convinced?
We can help you!
Fill out the form below and one of our IT specialists will contact you.
Force Cancer Charity
C G Fry & Son Ltd
J. Wippell & Co Ltd
Devon & Cornwall Police
Exeter Golf & Country Club
South West Water
Dart Marina Hotel & Spa
The Cavanna Group
Saunton Golf club
St. Pauls Dental Practice Ltd