Microsoft Word Introduction
Exeter – Devon, Bristol, Gloucester or onsite at your premise.
For onsite courses we can provide the rental of laptops with the software pre-installed.
OVERVIEW AND OBJECTIVES
This one-day course is designed to introduce users to Word, the latest version of the popular word processing application from Microsoft and part of the Office suite. Users will learn how to create, modify and print documents. This entirely ‘hands on’ course includes specially prepared exercises that give participants practical experience of using Word’s tools.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
New or intending users of Word who want to gain a good understanding of the software in a short space of time.
A basic understanding of PCs and familiarity with the layout of a PC style keyboard, mouse and Windows is required, gained either by previous experience or by attendance on a “PC Fundamentals” course.
SUBJECT AREAS (PLEASE NOTE, SUBJECT AREAS COVERED WILL DEPEND ON DELEGATES ABILITY AND TIME AVAILABLE)
THE MICROSOFT WORD SCREEN
- The Microsoft Word screen
- The levels of command organisation
- The Office Button, Tabs, Groups & Dialog box launcher
STARTING TO USE MICROSOFT WORD
- Using the default Microsoft Word document
- Saving Microsoft Word documents
- Opening and closing documents
- Saving your file using a different file name
- Creating a new document
- Using Help within Microsoft Word
- Font type and font size
- Bold, italic or underline
- Subscript and superscript
- Case changing
- Font olocur
- Copying text formatting
- Removing formatting
- Selecting text
- Inserting, deleting, undo and redo
- Insert and overtype mode
- Copying text within a document
- Moving (cutting) text within a document
- Using the Clipboard
- Paragraph marks
- Soft paragraph (line break) marks
- Aligning text
- Indenting parapgraphs
- Applying single or double line spacing
- Applying spacing above or below paragraphs
- Applying bullets to a list
- Numbering a list
ADDING BORDERS AND SHADING
- Adding boarder
- Adding shading
FINDING AND REPLACING TEXT
- Finding text
- Replacing text
- Tab stops
- Setting and removing tabs
- Applying styles to a word, line or a paragraph
- Page orientation and paper size
- Page margins
- Page breaks
- Headers and footers
- Page numbering
- Header and footer fields
- Cover pages
- Inserting a table
- Navigating within a table
- Selecting and editing text within a table
- Selecting cells, rows, columns or the entire table
- Inserting and deleting rows and columns
- Modifying column width or row height
- Modifying cell borders
- Adding shading to cells
- Modifying cell border width, colour and style
- Inserting Pictures
- Inserting Clip Art
- Inserting Shapes
- Inserting SmartArt
- Selecting, resizing and deleting graphics
- Copying or moving graphics
- Switching between open documents
- Tiling or cascading documents on your screen
- Comparing documents side by side
- Copying or moving between documents
PROOFING AND PRINTING
- Spell checking a document
- Using built-in custom dictionaries
- Printing options
- Previewing and printing a document
Courseware and manual, certificate of achievement, refreshments and lunch are all included in this course.
For more information or to book onto our Microsoft Word Introduction training course please contact us on 01392 824022.
If there is a Microsoft course that is not listed on our site, that you are interested in attending then please let us know and we can arrange one to one training onsite with our Trainer.
You can see a full list of our training courses here.
Still not convinced?
We can help you!
Fill out the form below and one of our IT specialists will contact you.
Force Cancer Charity
C G Fry & Son Ltd
J. Wippell & Co Ltd
Devon & Cornwall Police
Exeter Golf & Country Club
South West Water
Dart Marina Hotel & Spa
The Cavanna Group
Saunton Golf club
St. Pauls Dental Practice Ltd