MANAGING SUCCESSFUL PROGRAMMES PRACTITIONER
HOW LONG IS THIS COURSE?
Exeter – Devon, Bristol, Gloucester or onsite at your premise.
- Completion of MSP Foundation course and a pass of the Foundation exam
- Three to four hours of pre-course work
- Approximately two hours of study on the first evening is strongly recommended
This course should be purchased in conjunction with the 3-day MSP Foundation course as part of the 5-day MSP Certification program.
ABOUT THE COURSE
The goal of this 2-day course is to take those who have a basic knowledge of MSP to the next level of understanding of the Managing Successful Programmes (MSP) philosophy, and how it can be applied to live programmes. It also prepares them to take and pass the Practitioner exam, which is held on the afternoon of the second day. This course is a mixture of input and practical sessions and is facilitated by an APM Group (APMG) approved trainer with practical experience in programme and project management.
Built around the APMG syllabus, this course is formally accredited by APMG.
This course is delivered using the latest MSP manual and syllabus.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
- Managers with full-time responsibility within a programme environment who wish to build on their success at the Foundation level
- Project managers, experts, and advisers working within a programme office
- Other specialist/governance roles involved in supporting programmes following the MSP guidance together with those wishing to pursue higher level qualifications
- Identifying the MSP principles, governance themes, and processes (known as the Transformational Flow) and interrelationships between these components
- Discussing the benefits of using a structured and consistent approach to programme management
- Prepare for and pass the Foundation exam
What You Will Learn
You’ll learn how to:
- Identify and utilize MSP principles, governance themes, and processes (known as the Transformational Flow) for use when managing a programme
- Define the benefits of using a structured and consistent approach to programme management
- Tailor MSP within your environment
- Prepare and practise for the Practitioner exam
SUBJECT AREAS (PLEASE NOTE, SUBJECT AREAS COVERED WILL DEPEND ON DELEGATES ABILITY AND TIME AVAILABLE)
- Course structure
- Course goals and objectives
- Leadership and Stakeholder Engagement
- Benefits Realisation Management
- Blueprint Design and Delivery
- Programme Planning and Control
- The Business Case
- Risk Management and Issue Resolution
- Quality Management
- Transformational Flow and Interrelationships
- MSP Health Check
- Adopting MSP
MSP Practitioner Exam Preparation
- Review of and Practice with APMG sample questions and test papers
- Sample project case study scenarios to apply the concepts in practice and deepen the learning
- MSP Practitioner Exam
- Summary and Next Steps
ABOUT THE MSP PRACTITIONER EXAM
- 2.5 hours – open-book exam (manual only)
- Objective Testing Exam (OTE) multiple-choice questions
- Eight questions
- 80 marks available
- 40 marks or more are required to pass
MSP® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited. The Swirl logo™ is a trade mark of AXELOS Limited. The MSP Accredited Training Organization logo is a trade mark of AXELOS Limited.
If there is a Managing Successful Programmes course that is not listed on our site, that you are interested in attending then please let us know and we can arrange one to one training onsite with our Trainer.
Still not convinced?
We can help you!
Fill out the form below and one of our IT specialists will contact you.