APM Project Management Qualification – PMQ
Exeter – Devon, Bristol, Gloucester or onsite at your premise.
About the Course
The attainment of accreditations offered by professional bodies such as the Association for Project Management (APM) is increasingly seen as a recognised indicator of competence in project management. APM PMQ is an internationally recognised knowledge based qualification (IPMA Level D) that enables individuals to demonstrate their knowledge for successful delivery of projects.
- Project Managers requiring formal best-practice project management training.
- Prospective work package managers, project managers or other key project personnel looking to develop their project management career skills.
- Project Managers wishing to attain a formal, and widely recognised, project management qualification.
Attendees would benefit from possessing some good basic project management skills, or from attendance on the APM Project Fundamentals Qualification course.
Ideally a minimum of 6 months actual experience of working on a project would also be beneficial.
Event preparation materials will be provided to delegates in advance of the course. 5-10 hours preparation is required to complete the pre-course study.
This event is a mixture of input and practical sessions, delivered by an APM approved trainer. All trainers have practical experience of projects. Practical sessions are on an individual and team basis and feature throughout the event. The examination is taken on day five and the results are usually available within eight to ten weeks.
The key objectives of this course are to:
- Appreciate business processes and lifecycle mod- els for projects and project management.
- Use critical path analysis techniques and manage resource conflicts.
- Contribute to the development of the business case.
- Select and apply appropriate project monitoring and control methods.
- Use a systematic approach to analysing and plan- ning a project.
- Consider and apply appropriate conflict manage- ment and negotiating techniques.
- Appreciate the project context and actively man- age the project stakeholders.
- Apply work breakdown structures and map re- sponsibilities.
- Appreciate the context and relevance of project change control processes.
- Recognise the importance of developing effective leadership skills and communication techniques.
- Prepare for the APM PMQ examination.
Course Documents and Exam Information
The following course material is included for this event.
- APMP Event Preparation material
- APMP Reference text book
- APMP Course Handbook
The APM PMQ exam is a three hour, ‘closed- book’, essay style paper. In this paper, candi- dates must answer ten from sixteen questions covering 37 topics. The pass mark is 55%.
APM PMQ – Course Content
Project Management in Context
- Project management
- Programme management
- Portfolio management
- Project context
- Project sponsorship
- Project office
Planning the Strategy
- Project success and benefits management
- Stakeholder management
- Project management plan
- Project risk management
- Project quality management
- Health, safety and environment management
Executing the Strategy
- Scope management
- Resource management
- Budgeting and cost management
- Change control
- Earned value management
- Information management and reporting
- Issue management
- Requirements management
- Configuration management
Business and Commercial
- Business case
Organisation and Governance
- Project Lifecycles
- Handover and closeout
- Project reviews
- Organisation structure
- Organisational roles
- Methods and procedures
- Governance of project management
People and Profession
- Conflict Management
Courseware and manual, certificate of achievement, refreshments and lunch are all included in this course.
If there is an Project Management course that is not listed on our site, that you are interested in attending then please let us know and we can arrange one to one training onsite with our Trainer.
You can see a full list of our training courses here.
Still not convinced?
We can help you!
Fill out the form below and one of our IT specialists will contact you.