SharePoint Power Users & Site Administrators
Discover how to create custom libraries and lists as well as how to change the settings of common list and library tools to suit the requirements of the users.
Exeter – Devon, Bristol, Gloucester or onsite at your premise.
This 2-day course is directed to “Power Users”, “Super-Users” or “Site Administrators”
This course is designed to provide you with the knowledge to use more of the advanced tools in Microsoft SharePoint.
A basic understanding and use of SharePoint would be beneficial and attendance of the basic overview course is recommended.
- Understanding the security model
- Creating and managing Groups and the security protocol
- Permission levels
- Assigning and managing group permissions
- Managing inheritance
- App and item level security
- Understanding the various upload methods including
- Single document upload, explorer view, drag and drop, multiple document upload
- Using and creating columns (Metadata)
- Creating public and personal views
- Metadata navigation
- The document Check in and check out process
- Version control, major and minor
- The Basic approval process
- Creating bespoke user views for the current user
- Creating bespoke views based on date columns
- Understanding content types
- The Global content type hub
- Attributing metadata to content types
- Using content types to publish templates
- Using content types in libraries
- The document set content type
- Using and configuring Document Sets
- Auto Tagging using Document sets
Taxonomy and Global Metadata
- The Advantages or Taxonomy and global Terms
- Folksonomy and keywords
- Using the Term Store
- Create a Term Set Group
- Creating and Importing Hierarchical Term Sets
- Using Terms in Apps
- Using built in apps such as Calendars, Contacts and Tasks
- Creating custom lists and metadata
- Using Excel to create data connected spreadsheets
- Analysing data to create reports
Wiki pages and Layout Pages
- Publishing pages and web parts
- Modifying the Quick Launch and Top Bar navigation controls
- Using the content editing ribbon e.g. in Content Fields, Content Editor and Wiki
- Using metadata to improve page search results
- Understanding and using Web Parts including:
- Content Editor
- Media and Content web parts
- Script Editor web part
- List web parts
- Useful Links and Auto styling Web Parts
- Search web parts
If there is a SharePoint training course that is not listed on our site, that you are interested in attending then please let us know and we can arrange one to one training onsite with our Trainer.
Still not convinced?
We can help you!
Fill out the form below and one of our IT specialists will contact you.