SharePoint Server Configuration
Exeter – Devon, Bristol, Gloucester or onsite at your premise.
This course is for IT administrators responsible for the planning and deployment and day to day managing of SharePoint Server environments. Candidates should have experience of administering Windows Server and Windows networking infrastructure. The course prepares students for Microsoft Exam 70-667.
INSTALLING AND CONFIGURING A SHAREPOINT ENVIRONMENT
- Deploy new installations and upgrades – running Visual Upgrade, performing an in-place upgrade, performing a database attach upgrade, analysing a PreUpgradeCheck report, installing language packs, and scripting installations; analysing ULS logs, installation error logs, and event logs to identify installation problems; and repairing installation errors
- Configure SharePoint farms – configuring inter-server communications, server roles, high availability, InfoPath Forms Services (IPFS), Alternate Access Mappings (AAM), external sites, host headers, and applying and managing patches
- Configure service applications – configuring service applications such as Business Connectivity Services (BCS), Access Services, Visio Services, Microsoft Office PerformancePoint Server 2007, user profiles, Microsoft Office Excel services, Managed Metadata Services (MMS), and IPFS
- Configure indexing and search – configuring FAST Search for SharePoint, crawl schedules, iFilters, crawl rules, content sources, scopes, managed properties, content types, search components, index partitioning, and federated search locations.
MANAGING A SHAREPOINT ENVIRONMENT (26%)
- Manage operational settings – configuring logging, quotas, monitoring levels, health reports, security, and SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) integration
- Manage accounts and user roles – managing user accounts, group accounts, managed accounts, computer accounts, and service accounts; and delegating site collection administration
- Manage authentication providers – managing NTLM, Kerberos, claims-based, and forms-based authentication; and configuring Secure Store Service (SSS) and Active Directory Federation Services (AD FS)
DEPLOYING AND MANAGING APPLICATIONS (24%)
- Manage Web Applications – managing databases, Web Application settings, security, and policies
- Manage site collections – managing site collection policies, features, caching, and auditing; configuring site collection security; configuring multi-tenancy; and configuring site collection quotas and locks
- Deploy and manage SharePoint solutions – deploying and managing SharePoint solution packages, managing sandbox solutions, and managing user solutions
MAINTAINING A SHAREPOINT ENVIRONMENT
- Back-up and restore a SharePoint environment – configuring backup settings; backing up and restoring content, search, and service application databases; detaching and attaching databases; and exporting lists and sites
- Monitor and analyse a SharePoint environment – Generating health, administrative, and Web analytics reports; interpreting usage and trace logs; identifying and resolving health and performance issues
- Optimise the performance of a SharePoint environment – configuring resource throttling (large list management, object model override); configuring remote Binary Large Objects (BLOB) storage and BLOB and object caching; and optimizing services.
If there is a SharePoint training course that is not listed on our site, that you are interested in attending then please let us know and we can arrange one to one training onsite with our Trainer.
Still not convinced?
We can help you!
Fill out the form below and one of our IT specialists will contact you.