Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services
Exeter – Devon, Bristol, Gloucester or onsite at your premise.
All Microsoft SQL Server versions
This 4 day course is intended for IT professionals, business analysts, and developers who need to implement data transfer, or ETL (Extract, Transform, and Load), solutions by using Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services. Students will learn about the SQL Server Data Tools (SSDT) development environment to create SSIS projects and packages, work with Control Flow Tasks, and design Data Flows using a variety of transformations and data sources/destinations (including SQL Server databases, flat files, and Excel). Delegates will also learn about SSIS project and package management, deployment, debugging, error handling, and logging techniques. The training is delivered with plenty of illustrated examples and augmented with practical hands-on exercises.
With the course structure being fully modularised, customised versions of this course can also be devised and delivered. For example, clients interested in only the essentials of SSIS could attend just the first 3 days of the course, omitting the Advanced SSIS Concepts ordinarily covered on day 4.
No prior knowledge of the subject matter is assumed. However, students should ideally be familiar with basic programming concepts, and understand the fundamental design of relational databases and data normalisation. Some prior working knowledge of SQL Server, and the use of SQL Server Management Studio, is assumed. Attendees should additionally be familiar with the SQL query language, in particular the SELECT, UPDATE, INSERT, and DELETE statements.
Upon successful completion of the full course, students will be able to:
- Understand the Role SQL Server Integration Services Plays in Business Intelligence
- Create and Develop Integration Services Projects and Packages in SSDT
- Understand and Implement Control Flow Tasks
- Understand and Implement Data Flow Transforms and Components
- Implement Logging
- Debug and Implement Error Handling
- Implement Checkpoints and Transactions
- Deploy Integration Services Projects
- Manage and Secure Integration Services Projects and Packages
- Understand Basic Data Warehousing Concepts
- Manage Changing Data with the SSIS CDC Components
- Understand the Role of Data Quality Services (DQS)
- Understand the Role of Master Data Services (MDS)
If there is a Microsoft SQL Server course that is not listed on our site, that you are interested in attending then please let us know and we can arrange one to one training onsite with our Trainer.
Still not convinced?
We can help you!
Fill out the form below and one of our IT specialists will contact you.
Force Cancer Charity
C G Fry & Son Ltd
J. Wippell & Co Ltd
Devon & Cornwall Police
Exeter Golf & Country Club
South West Water
Dart Marina Hotel & Spa
The Cavanna Group
Saunton Golf club
St. Pauls Dental Practice Ltd