TECHNICAL REPORT WRITING
Exeter – Devon, Bristol, Gloucester or onsite at your premise.
This programme gives participants the skills to write clear technical documents, help them to organise information and, more importantly, communicate powerful ideas to support decision-making.
- Identify your barriers and strengths when writing technical reports
- Explain the advantages of a systematic approach to writing technical reports
- Review the use of appropriate grammar, punctuation and plain English
- Recognise the necessity of avoiding the use of too many words, clichés and jargon
- Effectively plan a report with the appropriate level of detail required
- Research and prepare your report content in accordance with the exact needs of the reader
- Structure the report to ensure maximum impact and readability
- Recognise the reader’s preferred style and match the words to their style
- Critically review your own work
SUBJECT AREAS (PLEASE NOTE, SUBJECT AREAS COVERED WILL DEPEND ON DELEGATES ABILITY AND TIME AVAILABLE)
- Personal objectives for the course
- What is Technical Writing?
- Setting the purpose of your writing
- The importance of knowing your audience
- Writing in plain English
- Review of punctuation, grammar and spelling
- Keeping your average sentence short
- The use of jargon and reducing the number words and clichés.
- What makes a good report?
Planning and Writing a report
- The importance of the objective
- Organising your ideas with Mind Mapping
- Structuring ideas
- Presenting your report professionally
- Using Word to complete your report quickly
- Identifying content
- Identifying communication styles
Reviewing and Editing
- Editing your report
- Report writing practice
- Completion of a personal action plan
Courseware and manual, certificate of achievement, refreshments and lunch are all included in this course.
If there is a technical IT training course that is not listed on our site, that you are interested in attending then please let us know and we can arrange one to one training onsite with our Trainer.
Still not convinced?
We can help you!
Fill out the form below and one of our IT specialists will contact you.