What is Cyber Essentials?
Cyber essentials is a scheme that was developed by the government to help businesses with cyber security and cyber resilience. The scheme provides a set of five key controls that organisations can implement to achieve a basic level of cyber security. This scheme helps you and your business comply with the upcoming GDPR changes, as well as this it demonstrates that you as a business are committed at keeping your businesses data safe.
Why do we need Cyber Essentials?
The Cyber Essentials scheme provides five security controls which according to the government, could prevent “around 80% of cyber-attacks.”
The security controls provide the basic level of protection that businesses need to implement in order to protect them from the vast cyber-attacks.
Here are the five security controls that will keep you and your business secure:
- Secure Configuration
- Boundary firewalls and internet gateways
- Access control and administrative privilege management
- Patch management
- Malware protection
Here are five benefits of Cyber Essentials:
- Protects against approximately 80% of cyber attacks
- Demonstrate security and help secure the supply chain
- Increase chances of securing business
- Work with the UK government MoD
- Reduce cyber insurance premiums
If you would like further information about achieving Cyber Essentials, need support or advise on your cyber security needs, then please call us on 01392824022 or email us at email@example.com.