What is the Importance of Offsite Backup??
Data is the most valuable asset to businesses, therefore ensuring this data is backed up is one of the most important things businesses should consider.
- Local copy – This is where your data is stored as the primary access for your users.
- Local backup – A local backup gives you immediate, instant access to whatever data you might need back, regardless of whether it’s deleted, overwritten, or lost.
- Offsite backup – This is the most important of the three. If anything happens to your business in terms of natural disaster, your data will be safe.
Why have offsite backup?
Physical disasters and human error are the primary reasons for having offsite backup. For example should your office be affected by a flood.
You will also want backups for these reasons:
- To retrieve lost data after a security breach – an offsite backup solution can prevent you from permanently losing business data after a security breach and negate the need to pay a ransom in a ransomware attack.
- An extra copy for extra peace of mind – It gives you another copy of your data in addition to the onsite backup that is more easily destroyed.
- To use up less onsite space – Your place of business only has so much physical room onsite. Therefore, storing backups offsite will give you more space at your workplace.
- To take advantage of unlimited storage room – The right offsite backup solutions will provide you room for your data to grow. You usually do not have to worry about running out of space for your important information, making scalability a built-in feature with your offsite backup solution.
- To prevent from neglecting to back up your data – No longer do you have to remember to back up your data as it is automated.
How Does it work?
- The data is first encrypted so that when it is transmitted to the offsite location it cannot be tampered with
- The data is compressed and transmitted it to an offsite security centre.
- This is then stored on at the offsite security centre and can be accessed in the event of an emergency
What are the advantages of having offsite backup?
- Your data is protected in the event of a disaster
- Backup operation can be performed automatically, removing the human intervention element
- Added security of data-encrypted network connection
- Secures data from malicious attacks.
It is important that we preform regular backups for data security practice, because it only takes one click of the finger and everything from business data to personal data could be gone in an instant. We all have the ability to securely back up their data at a remote location almost instantly.
If you are unsure as to whether your business has a 3-2-1 backup solution, or you would like to discuss how your existing backup methods can be improved and also find out more about the 3-2-1 backup method please do not hesitate to contact us.
Alternatively if your 3-2-1 backup solution is already in place and you would like us to do a test restore for you, please let us know.
HOW WE CAN HELP…
Our team will work with you to find the right solution for your business and then our engineers will then implement, install and provide support going forward
Need more help? Contact Us
If you would like to discuss what your business should do next or you would like to arrange a meeting to discuss this further. Please Contact Us on:
Phone: 01392 824 022
Web Enquiry: Contact Us