Are you looking for a career in IT? We are now hiring.
We have a new exciting job opportunity opened up at AME for an Apprentice IT Technician. The role will be to deal with IT issues in a 1st line helpdesk position.
IT TECHNICIAN APPRENTICESHIP
We are looking for a keen and enthusiastic individual with a passion for IT and a great attitude as a team player, who is willing to learn and would like a future career as an IT system engineer.
Responsibilities will include:
- Install, configure and support all company supported Operating Systems, software & hardware and network infrastructure.
- Produce detailed network documentation of any installations undertaken.
- Attend client sites to perform various aspects of computer services and support.
- Provide Remote support through the Internet and Telephone.
- Always seen to be helpful when dealing with clients, and display professionalism and patience when offering advice and support
- Provide detailed and comprehensive job sheet recording in time management software.
- Comply with Company Procedures.
- Comply with Company Health & safety regulations.
- All members of the team are including in the company staff share scheme, quarterly bonus scheme which also includes social events out organised by the company.
Qualifications & Skill Required
You must have at least 5 GSCE’s (C and above) – Maths and English is a must
- Evidence of real enthusiasm for IT
- Good communication skills
On the job training & College training – after a trial period you will enrol upon the IT Practitioners apprenticeship course level 2 at Exeter College and ensure regular attendance on a day release basis each week.
Opportunity to attend our own classroom Microsoft courses and with some self-study go on to take Microsoft Certified Professional exams with the aim to work towards a MCITP qualification.
Following the successful completion of the Level 2 apprenticeship you will look to possibly work towards a Level 3 programme or the opportunity of full time employment should there be a vacancy within the organisation
37.5 hours per week