Since the start the Government’s £67million Gigabit Broadband Voucher Scheme has connected just under 13,000 premises* supported by vouchers with a value of just under £30m. In addition, almost 10,000 vouchers (with a value of around £19m) are issued pending connection.
This commits around £49m of the available £67.8m fund, meaning there isn’t much time or money left – an estimate of about 7700 vouchers – so make sure you don’t miss out on getting connected.
The scheme invites businesses to apply for up to £2500 towards the cost of the full fibre infrastructure that supports gigabit-speed connections.
Gigabit connections allow businesses of all sizes to take full advantage of the latest technologies, from cloud computing, data backup and advanced cyber security to video conferencing and remote working. Your customers can gain a competitive advantage in areas like customer service, internal communications and project management.
To be eligible for this your business must:
- Earn less than £50m Turnover
- It must double (at least) the speed of the existing service being consumed
- Must have no more than 249 employees
- Must not have gigabit capability already
- Receive less than £200m in plublic grants in the last 3 years.
The following sectors are not eligible for the scheme:
- Public Sector organisations
- Schools funded by Department of Education
- Enterprise owned or controlled by a registered supplier
- Privately funded school – op over age 3-18.
If you would like more information about this scheme, to check whether you are eligible or for a quote, please get in touch with our team on 01392 824 022 or email email@example.com.
*as of the end of September 2019