As you are all aware black Friday is back and this means an increase of online sales, but are you aware of the possible scams and how to stay safe?
There are a lot of fake websites that look very real, but how do you know if they are or aren’t?? Well…
- Double check the domain name if you see a strange domain name for instance www.bestipadoffers.net this should immediately raise alarm bells.
- Is the offer to good to be true?
- Don’t pay by bank transfer – use a Credit card or Debit card this way if the website is fake you are more likely to get your money back.
- Browse the website – does the website have a contact us page or even a home page?
- Check the returns policy – if the company is real it should tell you how to return the product.
- Read online reviews
- Look for a padlock – if the website has a padlock in the top left-hand corner of the website then the website is trust worthy.
Don’t be fooled and think twice about your purchase, yes it might be a good price/deal but is it a scam?
If you would like any more information on how to stay safe online please don’t hesitate to contact us.